Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Ups and Downs of Love

As you can tell from my entries, doing the right things in a relationship does not always ensure that it will last. Sometimes we just aren't meant for the person we fall in love with. Or they aren't meant for us. It still hurts, but we can learn from the experience. Make a list (either mentally or literally) of both the things you gained from the relationship, and the things you learned you could live without. In moving forward, remind yourself what things you could have done differently, and what you desire from your next relationship. Then, look for those qualities in your next potential partner, and cultivate the qualities you need to be successful the next time around.

Personally, I am working on defining myself outside of a relationship and work. I have a habit of letting my relationship and job be the definition of who I am. I am nearly 32, and realizing that is what I have done all my life, I want to change that. I am searching for the person I truly am, without the outside influences. That doesn't mean I am not trying to figure out where to find a job. . . I really miss working. It simply means that I will try my best not to let it be my defining point in life.

I hope these posts are helpful to someone out there. If nothing else, I hope it is reassuring that you are not the only one. Blessed be your personal journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment